This rustic and elegant Apricot Galette recipe features a buttery and flaky pastry crust, filled with a smooth pistachio frangipane and topped sweet and tangy apricots.
106 grams / 2/3 cup plain flour
¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
75 grams / 2.65 ounces butter, chilled and cubed
45 milliliters / 3 tablespoons ice water
42 grams / 3 tablespoons butter, softened
30 grams / 2 1/2 tablespoons superfine/caster sugar
50 grams / 1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon pistachio or vanilla extract
50 grams / 1/2 cup ground pistachios
10 grams / 1 tablespoon plain flour
350 grams / 12.3 ounces apricots, pitted and quartered
14 grams / 1 tablespoon superfine/caster sugar
30 grams / 1 1/2 tablespoons apricot jam
- For the pastry, place the flour and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the cubed butter and toss through the flour to coat completely in flour.
- Press each cube between your fingers to thin out and continue tossing through the flour, trying to ensure the butter becomes no smaller than the size of peas.
- Add in a little of the ice water and stir to combine, continuing 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough forms, but ensuring it’s not too sticky, but that there are no dry portions in the base of the bowl.
- Press firmly into a disc, wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F and prepare some baking paper the size of your baking tray and set aside.
- Place the baking tray into your oven to heat as you prepare the galette.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and extract and beat until smooth.
- Toss in the pistachios and flour and beat on low until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly flour your surface and both sides of your dough and roll out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Flipping the dough and adding a small sprinkle of flour, where necessary.
- Slide the pastry onto the center of your baking paper, allowing overhang.
- Spread the pistachio frangipane evenly in the center of your pastry, keeping 1 1/2 inches at the edges.
- Lay your sliced apricots into the frangipane in a circular fashion.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the apricots evenly.
- Fold over one edge of the pastry and work to fold and press the edges over the apricots, making sure the pastry is sitting flush against the filling.
- Remove your baking tray from the oven and slide the galette on top.
- Bake until golden, approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove and brush the apricot jam over the entire galette.
- Allow to cool fully.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 232 calories per serve
Keywords: apricot baking, galette, pie, pistachio and apricot