1 kilo/2.2 pounds mashing potatoes, peeled and cubed
10 bacon rashers, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
1 large onion, peeled and sliced into thin half moons
60 grams/2.11 ounces butter
2/3 cup pouring cream
Handful chives, finely sliced
Salt and pepper to season
- Place the potatoes in a pot with enough water to fill it halfway, on medium high heat until soft.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a pan on medium heat until lightly cooked, approximately 2 minutes. add the onions and stir through. Cook until the bacon begins to brown, add in 10 grams of the butter and stir through.
- Continue cooking until crispy and stir to ensure the bacon and onion doesn’t stick to the base of the frying pan.
- Drain the potatoes and add the butter and cream. Mash or puree until smooth and well combined.
- Serve the potatoes on a plate and top with the crispy bacon on top. Season with salt and pepper and finish with the chives.
Adapted from copenhagenet.dk