Winter warming squash and broccolini is served alongside chicken and slightly spiced cannelini beans – making this an easy put in the oven, take out, stir and return to the oven to bake kind of dinner. Served with a side salad, bread or rice, this could easily serve 4 people.
4 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
200 grams/7 ounces squash, sliced into 1/2 inch thickness and center removed
1 small onion, roughly sliced
250 grams/1/2 pound broccolini, ends removed
400 grams/14 ounces canned butter beans, drained
1 tablespoon ground dukkah
2 tablespoons goats cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220C/430F.
- Place your chicken breasts on paper towels and dry them off thoroughly. Lay each with the cut side folded underneath neatly onto your baking tray along with the slices of squash spread out.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil over and sprinkle some salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, remove and flip to cook a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the beans and dukkah in a small bowl and stir together along with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Remove from the oven, flip the chicken thighs and squash once again and add the onion, broccolini and beans, stirring them through to coat slightly in the oil remaining on the tray and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the goats cheese and salt.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Roamingtaste