Toasted oats are swirled through honey whiskey thickened cream with bites of whole and crushed raspberries mixed therein. Couldn’t get much more traditional Scottish for a summer recipe.
1/2 cup less 1 tablespoon/1.3 ounces medium or coarse oats
400 milliliters/1 3/4 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons runny honey
2 tablespoons malt whisky
200 grams/7 ounces fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 100ºC/210F and scatter the oats on a baking tray.
- Place into the oven until lightly toasted and it smells slightly nutty, approximately 7 or 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until thickened (slightly thicker than soft peaks but not too stiff).
- Stir the honey and whiskey through the cream.
- Take half the raspberries and crush them, then stir through the whiskey cream mixture and then stir the whole raspberries through.
- Lastly, fold in the toasted oats and then spoon into your serving dishes.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Nigel Slater