This Colcannon Soup recipes is a creamy and filling potato and cabbage soup that will transport you quickly to Ireland, especially on those colder days where you need food for the soul!
1 large brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 kilo / 1 pound potatoes, peeled and finely cubed
350 grams / 2 cups cabbage, finely chopped
6 cups hot water
1 vegetable boullion
1 teaspoon salt
350 milliliters / 1 1/2 cups milk
- Place the onion into a pot with a drizzle of oil on low to medium heat.
- Stir to coat in the oil and cover, cooking until slightly translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and cabbage and stir to warm through.
- Increase the heat to medium and add in the hot water and vegetable boullion, stirring to combine.
- Simmer with the lid slightly ajar for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the cabbage is paler in color.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth (see note if you do not have an immersion blender).
- Add in the milk and stir to combine.
- Ladle into your serving bowls.
- Serve warm.
Using a blender: If you do not have an immersion blender, it is best to wait for the soup to cool before you pour into a blender as the pressure from the heat can cause the top of the blender to explode which can cause injuries.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 183 calories per serve