This creamy herb mashed potatoes recipe gives a classic dish a spring twist with fresh herbs that compliment the potatoes and making this perfect for any Sunday spread.
1 kilo / 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
3 teaspoons sea salt
100 milliliters / 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
50 grams / 1.75 ounces butter
2 tablespoons fresh herbs (mint, parsley, basil)
5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Place the potatoes and 2 teaspoons sea salt into a pot on low to medium heat and pour enough water just to cover the potatoes.
- Cook until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife (they shouldn’t be falling apart when pierced), approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- Add the milk and 30 grams / 2 tablespoons of the butter and mashed until fine.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining butter and minced garlic into a small saucepan on low heat, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Spoon the herb mixture over your potatoes evenly.
- Serve up.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 285 calories per serve
Keywords: mashed potatoes, spring recipe, herb recipe