Once you’ve homemade nutella with real chocolate, a cup of hazelnuts and a few other ingredients you’ll likely never want the bought stuff again.
1 cup plain hazelnuts
350 grams dark chocolate
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons confectioner’s/icing sugar
1 tablespoon plain cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven 180ºC/350F and place the hazelnuts in a single layer in a baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until slightly golden. Remove and place between a clean kitchen towel, carefully rubbing the skin off (though some of the skin won’t come off which is fine).
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the hazelnuts into a blender and blend until smooth, stopping and stirring as necessary.
- Add in the coconut oil, sugar, cocoa powder, extract and salt and blend to combine.
- Add in the chocolate and blend until fully combined.
- Pour into a jar and allow to set overnight.
- Spread on toast or spoon in to serve.
Adapted from LeitesCulinaria.com