Fudgy Kladdkaka is partially a chocolate souffle in cake form and the kind of cake that will impress chocolate lovers everywhere because of how unique it is.
300 grams/1 1/3 cup caster/superfine sugar
70 grams/1/2 cup plain flour
113 grams/4 ounces butter, melted
4 tablespoons plain cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Greaseproof a cake tin with butter and preheat the oven to 180ºC/350F.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until fluffy and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the flour and salt a little at a time and combine until well mixed.
- Add the cocoa powder and extract into the butter and combine until smooth.
- Add the butter mixture to the sugar mixture and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or when a skewer comes out clean from the edge of the cake.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Serve with a little whipped cream.
Adapted from Scandinavianfood.about.com