For those of us who can’t eat hummus for health reasons but can still consume other white beans, well here is a hummus that is topped with the array of vegetables that spring brings and crunchy miso asparagus finishing this off.
1 pound baby carrots/beets, washed and tops trimmed
2 shallots, peeled and roughly sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
White Bean ‘Hummus’
400 grams/14 ounces canned cannelloni beans, half drained
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon white miso paste
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon ground curry powder
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 pound asparagus,
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 teaspoon white miso paste
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Quarter the baby beets and place them on the baking tray along with the carrots and garlic cloves, pour over the olive oil and sprinkle some salt.
- Place in the oven to cook for 25 minutes or starting to go golden.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the hummus in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Add the sliced shallots to the vegetables and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the last five minutes, melt the butter and miso in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring to combine. Add the asparagus, stirring consistently to cook evenly and cover with the miso butter.
- Spoon the hummus on your serving plate, top with the roast vegetables and miso asparagus.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Roamingtaste