These soft pistachio sugar cookies recipe includes a homemade pistachio paste in the batter and buttercream making these cookies full of pistachio flavor and a real cookie treat.
150 grams / 5.3 ounces butter, softened
65 grams / 2/3 cup confectioner’s/icing sugar
50 grams /1/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50 grams / 3 tablespoons pistachio paste
282 grams / 1 3/4 cups plain flour
2 grams / 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
100 grams / 3.5 ounces butter, softened
100 grams / 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons confectioner/icing sugar, sifted
40 grams / 2 1/4 tablespoons pistachio paste
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add in the egg and beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
- Add in your pistachio paste and beat until combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, place the flour, baking powder and salt and stir.
- Toss into your pistachio butter mixture and beat until just combined and smooth.
- Scoop up a portion of dough and place onto your baking tray with 1 1/2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and press the center with a flat bottomed glass.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until lightly matt looking.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray before placing on a cooling rack.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat on medium with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes.
- Fold in the pistachio paste until smooth.
- Take a heaped tablespoonful of the buttercream and smear over the center of the cookie.
- Drizzle over a little of the pistachio paste.
- Serve up!
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 422 calories
Keywords: pistachio cookies, sugar cookie recipe, pistachio baking