Bite size pieces of crispy potato skins filled with spicy beef and topped with a lashing of green sauce is the kind of starter people will come back to again and again.
1 kilo/2 pounds small potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
A good pinch of salt
500 grams/1 pound minced beef
1 small onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon cumin powder
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
1/4 cup sriracha
1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
150 grams/5.30 ounces plain yogurt
70 grams/2.4 ounces sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons American mustard
1/2 cup fresh spinach
Handful fresh parsley
1 scallion, finely sliced
1/4 cucumber, finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and prepare a baking tray.
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes and prick each with a fork a few times. Rub olive oil all over and place in the oven for an hour.
- Remove and allow to cool until you are able to slice in half and able to scoop out the insides carefully, approximately 5-7 minutes. Set the filling aside for something separate.
- Pour over a little more olive oil over the potatoes and a sprinkle of salt and return to the oven until golden, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the spices, onions and minced beef in a saucepan on low to medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring to cook evenly. Add the sriracha and tomato paste and stir through until well combined, place on low heat and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the minced beef cooks, place the yogurt, sour cream, mustard, spinach and parsley in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir the sliced scallion and cucumber through and place into a serving bowl.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven and place on your serving dish, spoon the sriracha mince into each and finish with a tablespoon of the green sauce on top.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Roamingtaste