Nachos should be one of the unfussiest dishes you eat! It should satisfy you and not need meat to do so and this one tray vegetarian nachos includes all the things needed for a solid and great nacho meal.
250 grams/8.8 ounces corn chips
200 grams/7 ounces grated mild cheese
1 can refried beans
1 can black beans
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 handful fresh coriander
1 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
150 grams/ sour cream
1 1/2 limes, juiced
1 avocado, halved pit removed
1 scallion, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220C/430F grill and set the shelf in the center.
- Place all your corn chips into your baking dish and sprinkle over a quarter of the grated cheese and set aside.
- Place the beans, chipotle powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and squeeze half a lime of juice into a saucepan.
- Finely chop a quarter of the fresh coriander and add to the beans, stir together.
- Place on medium low heat and cover. Cook until simmering, approximately 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, quarter the cherry tomatoes, and finely slice the scallions into a serving bowl.
- Finely chop the remaining fresh coriander and set a small portion aside, placing the large amount into the salsa.
- Squeeze the juice from half one of the limes into the salsa and stir together. Set aside.
- Spoon the bean mixture evenly over the nachos and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven until golden brown on top, approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the avocado from the skin and slice through the flesh repeatedly with a butter spoon until it is resembles guacamole (see note). Set aside.
- Remove the nachos from the oven, top with the salsa, sour cream and guacamole, scatter the remaining fresh coriander and scallion and serve.
- Eat immediately.
Recipe by Roamingtaste