- 100 grams butter, softened
- 1/2 cup superfine/caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 250 grams blackberries
- 70 grams white chocolate
- 30 grams butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s/icing sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F and grease a bundt tin. Set aside.
- Place the softened butter, sugar and extract in a bowl and beat 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in both eggs and beat for a further 2 minutes until well combined and smooth, then stir through the sour cream.
- Meanwhile, place the white chocolate and nutmeg in a double boiler and melt on medium temperature, stirring often to ensure even melting.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then add into the cake batter and combine well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and soda into the mixture and fold through until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mash the blackberries roughly and pour into the cake batter and fold the mixture through, ensuring it remains fluffy and the mixture looks slightly marbled.
- Once well combined, pour into the prepared bundt tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for approximately 15 minutes, to the point where it has come loose from the tin. Turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
- For the glaze, place the chocolate and butter into a double boiler, stirring until melted and smooth. Sift in two thirds of the confectioner’s sugar and milk and combine until smooth.
- Carefully and slowly spread the icing over the cake, ensuring even coverage over the entire cake.
- Allow to set for an hour minimum.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Serving Size: Serves 10