Fudgy in the center brownie cookies with a raspberry buttercream filling makes these great to serve at any romantic event!
180 grams / 6.34 ounces brown butter, melted and cooled to warm
200 grams / 1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
106 grams / 2/3 cup plain flour
83 grams / 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
150 grams / 5.3 ounces butter, softened
170 grams / 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s/icing sugar
5 grams / 2 tablespoons freeze dried raspberries powder (see FAQ’s)
75 grams / 2 1/2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place your eggs and sugar into a bowl and whisk until pale.
- Pour in your melted brown butter and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and add the salt.
- Whisk until just combined and no dry portions remain in your bowl.
- Scoop and level the cookie dough and place onto your baking tray, leaving 2 inches between each cookie and sprinkle a tiny pince of sea salt on top of each.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on your baking tray for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling tray.
- Allow to cool fully.
- Stir the sugar and freeze dried raspberry powder together and set aside.
- To make the buttercream filling, place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat on medium with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add in the raspberry jam and beat until just combined.
- Spoon your buttercream into a piping bag and pipe into the center of one cookie and pipe in a circle towards the outer edges, placing a second cookie on top to sandwich together.
- Repeat with the remaining buttercream until your sandwich cookies are complete.
- Serve alongside your favorite hot beverage.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich cookie
- Calories: 187 calories per cookie
Keywords: brownie cookies, chocolate recipe, chocolate baking, raspberry buttercream