This no bake Chocolate Cherry Pie recipes features a tart and sweet cherry layer topped with a velvety chocolate pudding filling. Finished off with a light whipped cream topping for a twist on the classic pudding pie.
200 grams / 1 1/4 packets Oreos, crushed
21 grams / 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
50 grams / 1.75 ounces butter, melted
70 grams / 2.46 ounces chocolate, melted
400 grams / 14.1 ounces cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
50 grams / 1/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
16 grams / 2 tablespoons cornflour
350 milliliters / 1 1/2 cups milk
35 grams / 3 large egg yolks
60 grams / 1/3 cup superfine/caster sugar
37 grams / 1/3 cup cocoa powder
25 grams / ¼ cup cornflour
177 milliliters / 3/4 cup heavy cream
15 grams / 1 tablespoon superfine/caster sugar
100 grams / 3.5 ounces fresh cherries
- Toss the crushed Oreos and cocoa powder into a bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs and holds together.
- Spoon into the pie dish, pressing firmly into the tin until even on top and the sides.
- Place into the fridge to set.
- Toss the cherries and sugar into a saucepan on low heat and cook, covered until most of the juices have dissipated, approximately 15 minutes.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the cherry juice into a small bowl and stir the cornflour in until the mixture is smooth.
- Add to the cherries and stir until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the base and smear with the back of a spoon evenly over the base and up the sides leaving a 1/2 inch lip uncovered by the chocolate.
- Spoon the cherries on top of the chocolate and spread out evenly. Set aside.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan on low until a light simmer begins to form on the edges of your saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place the sugar and eggs into a bowl and whisk until pale and combined.
- Sift the cornflour and cocoa powder into the eggs and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Slowly add in ¼ of the hot milk to the cocoa mixture and whisk to combine until smooth.
Repeat with the milk in batches until it has all been added to the chocolate and whisk until fully combined.
- Once thickened enough to stick to the back of a spoon, pour into your pastry and jiggle in the pie dish to smooth out the top.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour the heavy cream into a bowl and toss in the sugar, whipping until soft peaks just hold in place.
- Spoon into a piping bag or simply spoon on top of your pie.
- Top with the fresh cherries.
- Slice up and serve.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 494 calories per serve
Keywords: cherry pie, pudding pie, cherry recipes, no bake pie