This Chocolate Guinness Cake recipe gives us a full bodied chocolate cake with a Bailey’s cream cheese frosting for a real slice of Ireland.
2 eggs, room temperature
150 grams / 3/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
175 grams / ¾ cup light brown sugar
169 grams / 1 cup Guinness
114 grams / ½ cup sunflower oil
100 milliliters / 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon cup milk
111 grams / 1 cup cocoa powder
240 grams / 1 ½ cups plain flour, sifted
6 grams / 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
3 grams / ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
100 grams / 3.5 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
28 grams / 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
290 grams / 2 1/2 cups confectioner’s/icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
18 grams / 2 tablespoons baileys
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line the base of a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the eggs, sugars, Guinness, sunflower oil and Greek yogurt into a bowl and combine with a whisk until the eggs are broken up and your mixture has a coffee hue.
- In a separate bowl, place the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine with a fork (this will help remove large lumps).
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine until your batter is smooth.
- Pour into your cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl and beat on medium until smooth.
- Add the butter beat until well combined, smooth and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes.
- Toss in half the sugar and beat on low until just combined.
- Repeat with the remaining sugar, ensuring to mix until just combined and no dry portions remain in bowl.
- Add in the Baileys and beat until just combined.
- Spoon the frosting on top of the cake and smooth out to the edges.
- Slice up and serve.
- Dig in!
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 224 calories per serve
Keywords: cake, chocolate, holidays