This parsley pasta comes together in 15 minutes for a full flavored meal taking advantage of this undderrated herb.
500 grams/1 pound macaroni pasta
5 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup parmesan, grated
1 1/2 cups flat leaf parsley leaves
1/3 cup cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Shaved parmesan to serve
- Fill a deep saucepan with water 2/3 way up and set on medium-high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook on a low simmer, stirring to ensure the pasta doesn’t stick together too much.
- Place the parsley, cream and salt in a blender and set aside (or if you don’t have a blender, finely chop the parsley and set aside).
- Once the pasta is cooked, spoon into a bowl with the pasta water.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the pasta water into the blender.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to the pasta and stir through to ensure it doesn’t stick (as this cooks in a saucepan, there will likely not be a large amount of pasta water remaining.
- Place the remaining butter in the saucepan and add the sliced garlic, return to the heat and cook, stirring until lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the parsley and cream mixture until fine and add to the garlic.
- Return the pasta to the pan and stir through the parsley sauce.
- Add the grated parmesan and stir through to melt slightly.
- Remove from the heat and place on your serving dishes.
- Sprinkle over parmesan and season.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Roamingtaste