Crunchy fresh beans with salty tomatoes make a perfect side dish!
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 whole tomatoes, fresh or canned, peeled and crushed
1 pound green beans, trimmed
1/4 cup water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the oil on medium in a skillet and add in the garlic, stirring to cook evenly.
- Add in the tomatoes and stirring constantly to cook evenly until soft.
- Add in the green beans and the water. Cover, stirring occasionally for approximately 8 minutes or until the beans are soft.
- Remove and season with the salt and pepper.
Adapted from Saveur.com
- Calories: 58 calories per serve