Easy and quick Dutch Almond Lace Biscuits recipe also called Kletskoppen biscuits are a great treat to accompany that coffee!
30 grams / 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
100 grams / 1/2 cup superfine/caster sugar
23 grams / 1 1/5 tablespoons water
40 grams / 1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
30 grams / 1 ounce almonds, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Place the butter, sugar and water in a bowl and beat or whisk until it is well combined and smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour, ground cinnamon and finely chopped almonds and stir through until a dough is formed.
- Knead to incorporate the cookie dough thoroughly and until you can press an amount approximately 1 tablespoon in size together.
- Roll into a small ball and place on your baking tray 2 inches apart, flattening slightly.
- Bake until deeply golden on the outer edges and slightly golden in the center, approximately 7 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on the baking tray for 2 minutes until slightly firm.
- Remove and place on a cooling tray.
- Serve with a cup of tea or coffee.
Add more water: The original recipe only called for 1 tablespoon of water and when making this the dough was not forming without more water, which is reflected in the recipe below.
Type of almonds: Some versions of these biscuits require blanched almonds and some make no mention so these are made with plain almonds.
Creating your small cookie balls: Lace cookies spread so these were no larger than 1 inch when rolled into a ball.
Ice Cream sandwich suggestion: If you're also inclined to make ice cream sandwiches, you could absolutely put a scoop of your favorite flavor between two of these biscuits as that is one alternative way to serve.
Adapted from allerhande
- Calories: 46 calories per biscuit
Keywords: cookies, eggless baking, dutch recipes