ew York style baked cheesecake, with a twist of extra egg yolks makes this slightly more custardy in flavor and then swirls of fresh raspberries makes this the kind of showstopping summer dessert that you will enjoy. Cheesecake lovers will particularly enjoy the traditional baked texture of this one!
1 1/2 cups ground graham cracker
1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted and crushed
1 tablespoon superfine/caster sugar
Pinch of salt
70 grams/2.5 ounces butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
600 grams/21 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
250 grams/9 ounces mascarpone, room temperature
1 1/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
100 milliliters pouring cream
1 cup fresh raspberries
- Prepare your tin with greaseproof paper on the base and pack aluminum foil around the outside of the cake tin as carefully as possible. Layer in three to four layers to ensure the water cannot get in.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355F.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, slivered almonds, sugar, salt and butter together and press into the base of the cake tin in an even layer.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, lower the oven to 160°C/325F.
- For the filling, add all the cream cheese and mascarpone in a bowl and beat for 4 minutes until smooth, add the sugar in installments and beat until well incorporated after each addition. Add in the vanilla and pinch of salt and whip for a further minute.
- Add one egg and beat until well combined and repeat with the remaining eggs and egg yolks.
- Add in the pouring cream and whip for a further 4 minutes, until the mixture is smooth and increased in volume.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and lightly tear 3/4 of the raspberries apart, scattering over the top. Stir the raspberries through and top with the remaining raspberries.
- Place the cake tin in the center of a deep roasting pan and carefully place in the oven, pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it comes half way up the outside of the cake tin.
- Bake for 100 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly ajar for 2 hours.
- Remove and place in the fridge for a minimum 4 hours.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to slice and serve.
- Serve as is.
Recipe by Roamingtaste