Bright peaches pair perfectly with this light cake that is a perfect snack cake or a great way to celebrate peach season.
80 grams / 2.8 ounces butter, room temperature
125 grams / 2/3 cup superfine/caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
70 grams / 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
50 grams / 1/2 cup almond flour
120 grams / 3/4 cup plain flour
40 grams / 1/4 cup polenta
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1/8 slices
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and greaseproof your cake tin.
- Lay the sliced peaches down around the entire base of your cake tin. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until combined, approximately 2 minutes with a hand beater.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whip until well combined and fluffy, a further 2 minutes with a hand beater.
- Add the Greek yogurt and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Add the almond flour, polenta, plain flour, baking soda and baking powder to the wet ingredients and fold through until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon the cake batter over the top of your peaches and smooth out nice and evenly around your cake tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to upturn onto a serving plate.
- Allow to cool fully.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream or yogurt.
Peeling the peaches: The cake lends itself well to firmer peaches, however, peeling firmer peaches can be a bit difficult so you could absolutely leave the skin on if you prefer.
For that perfect crumb: You want to make sure you beat that butter and sugar until the color has somewhat paled and it’s truly creamy. And don’t over mix the cake batter once the dry ingredients have been added so the cake crumb is nice and light.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 287 calories per serve