This traditional and delicious Švestkový tá? - Czech Plum Cake recipe showcases juicy and tangy plums nestled in a tender cake batter, enhanced with an easy streusel.
238 grams / 1 3/4 cups plain flour
4 grams / 1 teaspoon baking powder
100 grams / 1/2 cup superfine/caster sugar
155 milliliters / 2/3 cup milk
50 milliliters / 1/4 cup - 1 tablespoon neutral oil
1 large egg, room temperature
1 kilo / 16 medium plums (measure in grams/pounds), halved and pitted
60 grams / 1/3 cup superfine/caster sugar
120 grams / 3/4 cup plain flour
65 grams / 2.3 ounces butter, softened
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line a square or rectangle baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Toss the flour, baking powder and sugar into medium bowl and stir together.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, oil and add the egg.
- Whisk to form a smooth batter and spoon into your baking tin.
- Press your halved plums into the batter cut side up.
- Toss the sugar and flour into a small bowl and stir together.
- Add the butter and stir together to form a rough streusel.
- Sprinkle over the plums and place into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes until it’s golden.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice and serve.
- Dig in!
Adapted from Vareni.cz
- Calories: 214 calories per serve
Keywords: plum baking, czech recipes, stone fruit cake