This delectable Blueberry Peach Pie recipe features a flaky, buttery crust filled with a medley of fresh, sweet blueberries and ripe, aromatic peaches. Serve this with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream or cream.
150 grams/ 1 ¼ cups plain flour
¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
110 grams / 3.88 ounces butter, chilled and cubed
62 milliliters / ¼ cup ice water
300 grams / 10.5 ounces blueberries
600 grams / 1.3 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
100 grams / ½ cup superfine/caster sugar
30 grams / ¼ cup cornflour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
45 grams / ½ cup rolled oats
40 grams / ¼ cup plain flour
60 grams / ? cup superfine/caster sugar
35 grams / 2 ½ tablespoons butter, softened
- Place the flour and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the cubed butter and toss through the flour to coat completely in flour.
- Press each cube between your fingers to thin out and continue tossing through the flour, trying to ensure the butter becomes no smaller than the size of peas.
- Add in a little of the ice water and stir to combine, continuing 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough forms, but ensuring it’s not too sticky, but that there are no dry portions in the base of the bowl.
- Press firmly into a disc, wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Lightly flour your surface and both sides of your dough and roll out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Flipping the dough and adding a small sprinkle of flour, where necessary.?Roll the dough around your rolling pin and place into your pie dish.
- Pressing therein and trimming the edges, folding ½ inch of the dough under the edges and pinching firmly.
- Return the dough to the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F.
- Meanwhile, place the peaches, blueberries, sugar, cornflour and vanilla extract into a bowl and stir to coat evenly with the mixture. Set aside.
- Place the oats, flour, sugar and butter into a bowl and combine with your hands until the mixture is clumpy and holding together. Set aside.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the pie crust nice and evenly.
- Toss the streusel over the top evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until bubbling and golden, covering with aluminum foil, if the top is browning too much.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before refrigerating for at least 3 hours.
- Slice and serve with a scoop of ice cream or pouring cream.
- Dig in!
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 315 calories per serve
Keywords: fruit pie, streusel baking, streusel pie