Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with our Creamy Salmon Pasta recipe! This delicious pasta dish features tender salmon pieces and al dente pasta, tossed in a creamy and flavorful sauce made with cream cheese, parsley and lemon juice. Our easy-to-follow recipe guide will show you how to create this delicious meal in the comfort of your own home. Perfect for a satisfying and nutritious dinner, this Creamy Salmon Pasta is the ultimate way to indulge in a delicious and comforting meal.
Why you'll love this
Delicious and Nutritious
This pasta dish is delicious and nutritious, with tender salmon pieces and al dente pasta, tossed in a creamy and flavorful sauce made with cream cheese, parsley and lemon juice. It's a great way to enjoy a satisfying and healthy dinner that's packed with protein and flavor.
Easy to Make
Despite its impressive taste, this Creamy Salmon Pasta is actually quite easy to make. Our step-by-step recipe guide will walk you through every step, so you can create this delicious meal with confidence. It's a great option for anyone who wants a tasty and satisfying dinner without spending hours in the kitchen.
This Creamy Salmon Pasta is inspired by Italian cuisine, making it a great way to experience the flavors of Italy in the comfort of your own home. It's a unique and flavorful pasta dish that's sure to impress your taste buds. Plus, it's a great way to try something new and delicious!
Ingredients and substitutions for Creamy Salmon Pasta
- Pasta: Linguine was used here thanks to it’s slightly thicker texture than spaghetti and the way it swirls up with the creamy sauce.
- Smoked salmon: Plain smoked salmon fillet works a charm here, however, flavored smoked salmon with a little spice or herbs would also work a charm here.
- Cream cheese: Full fat cream cheese was used here as it’s adds richness and balances out the richness in the salmon. You could replace in equal measure with creme fraiche or Greek yogurt, if your prefer.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley has the strongest flavor and is incredibly complimentary to the salmon and lemon flavors in this. If you cannot source or do not have on hand you could simply omit or replace with a little dry parsley.
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice is used thanks to the fullest flavor without additives that also helps to cut through the richness in the cream cheese and give depth to our dish.
- Garlic granules: Dried garlic granules add an umami to the pasta without having to mince fresh garlic. You could absolutely add in a few cloves here to really increase the garlic undertones, but really, we want the lemon and salmon to be the stars of the show.
See recipe card for quantities.
Equipment needed to make this
Large pot: To cook your pasta to al dente.
Large bowl: To combine your creamy ingredients that you’ll need to mix the hot pasta through.
Tongs: To coat your pasta with that creamy sauce.
More quick dinner recipes you'll love!
Tom Kha Gai - Thai Chicken Soup
How to make Creamy Salmon Pasta:
Add enough water into a large pot alongside 1 teaspoon of sea salt and bring to a rolling boil.
Cook your pasta according to packet instructions.
Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, garlic granules into a bowl and stir to combine.
Add in the smoked salmon and remaining salt, stirring to combine.
Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water and drain your pasta.
Toss the pasta and pasta water into your bowl and stir throughly to coat.
Serve your pasta up and toss over a little more finely chopped parsley.
Creamy Salmon Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Main
Creamy salmon pasta comes together for a quick dinner that includes cream cheese and lemon for a well balanced meal.
280 grams / 9.8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 bunch parsley leaves, finely chopped
43 grams / 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
1 ½ teaspoons garlic granules
3 teaspoons sea salt
170 grams / 6 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
400 grams / 14 ounces linguine
- Add enough water into a large pot alongside 1 teaspoon of sea salt and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook your pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, garlic granules into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add in the smoked salmon and remaining salt, stirring to combine.
- Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water and drain your pasta.
- Toss the pasta and pasta water into your bowl and stir throughly to coat.
- Serve your pasta up and toss over a little more finely chopped parsley.
- Dig in!
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 588 calories per serve
Keywords: quick dinner recipe, salmon pasta recipe
Leave a Reply