Quick and easy no chill pecan chocolate chip cookies will give you a batch of cookies in no time.
110 grams / 3.9 ounces butter, room temperature
175 grams / 3/4 cup light brown sugar
40 grams / 2 tablespoons golden syrup
20 grams / 1 egg yolk
55 grams / 1 large egg
190 grams / 1 cup + 3 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
3 grams / 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
75 grams / 2.65 ounces chocolate, roughly chopped or chocolate chips
65 grams / 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place your butter, golden syrup and light brown sugar in a bowl and beat on medium until pale and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk and beat until combined and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add your flour and baking soda and beat on the lowest setting until the flour has just been combined and no dry portions remain in your bowl.
- Toss in the pecans and half the chocolate and stir to combine until they are scattered throughout your cookie dough.
- Remove and scoop up a portion, topping the top of your cookie dough into equal balls and place onto your baking tray, finishing by sprinkling over a little sea salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Remove and allow to cool on the baking tray for a couple minutes before placing on a cooling tray.
- Serve alongside your favorite hot beverage.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 216 calories per serve
Keywords: pecan recipe, chocolate chunk cookie, extra egg yolk recipe