This tahini oatmeal cookies recipe results in chewy cookies layered with browned butter and chocolate chunks perfect to add to a lunch box or bring along on a hike.
130 grams / 4.58 ounces browned butter, unsalted and room temperature
200 grams / 1 cup brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
160 grams / 2/3 cup tahini
119 grams / 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
120 grams / 3/4 cup plain flour
4 grams / 1 teaspoon baking powder
3 grams / 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
120 grams / 4.2 ounces chocolate, roughly cut
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat on medium until pale and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and continue to beat until well combined, beating for a further minute.
- Pour in the tahini and beat until combined.
- Add the rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, beat on low until just combined.
- Toss in 2/3’s of the chocolate chunks and stir through.
- Scoop a piece of dough and roll the the top of your cookie dough into the remaining 1/3 of chocolate chunks, flattening slightly as you place it on the tray.
- Continue scooping and rolling into the chocolate pieces, pressing lightly when you place onto the tray, ensuring there is 1 1/2 inches between each cookie.
- Place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes until browned on the edges and golden on top.
- Remove and allow to cool on the baking tray for a couple minutes before placing on a cooling tray.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 344 calories per serve
Keywords: oatmeal cookies, tahini baking, chocolate chunk cookies