This delicious Blueberry sheet cake features a light and fluffy vanilla and blueberry cake base, with a homemade blueberry streusel center, topped with a tangy cream cheese frosting.
Homemade blueberry streusel
120 grams / 3/4 cup blueberries
30 grams / 2 tablespoons superfine/caster sugar
14 grams / 1 tablespoon lemon juice
40 grams / 2 3/4 tablespoons butter
130 grams / 3/4 cup plain flour
250 grams / 1 ¼ cups superfine/caster sugar
282 grams / 1 3/4 cups plain flour
8 grams / 2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
150 grams / 5.3 ounces butter, softened
100 milliliters / 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon whole milk
93 grams / 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
190 grams / 1 cup blueberries
65 grams / 2.3 ounces butter, room temperature
88 grams / 3/4 cup + 1 3/4 tablespoons confectioner’s/icing sugar
200 grams / 7 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a large cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- For the blueberry streusel, place the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice into a small saucepan on medium heat, cooking until thickened and a line is held in the center of your mixture, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Toss in the butter and flour and stir slowly until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Place the sugar, flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the butter and beat on low until the mixture has a wet sand appearance and no butter portions remain that are larger than a pea (the smaller the better), approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour the milk, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt into a small jug and stir together until smooth, pour into the dry ingredients and combine on low until no dry portions remain in the bowl.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in one egg and beat on low until it is fully combined, approximately 40 seconds.
- Repeat with the remaining egg and beat until combined.
- Toss in the blueberries and stir together.
- Spoon half the batter into your cake tin and spread out to ensure the batter covers the entire base of your tin.
- Toss the blueberry streusel over the batter evenly.
- Spoon the remaining blueberry cake mixture on top of the streusel evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the butter into a bowl and whip until pale, approximately 3 minutes.
- Toss in the sugar and whip until it's well combined and smooth, at least 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese and whip a further 30 seconds before adding in the vanilla extract and combine.
- Spoon on the top of your cake and smear evenly over the entire top.
- Slice and serve.
- Dig in!
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 360 calories per serve
Keywords: blueberry cake, sheet cake, cream cheese frosting