Brookies are a new term but this perfectly encapsulates how much these are a single serving of brownie in cookie form! You’ll want a high quality cocoa powder for these to make them really a standout.
180 grams/6.3 ounces butter, room temperature
1/2 cup caster/superfine sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
90 grams/3.1 ounces caramelized white chocolate, roughly chopped
90 grams/3.1 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a bowl until pale and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes with a hand beater.
- Add the egg and beat until all well combined, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, soda and salt and beat on low until just combined.
- Add the chopped white chocolates and stir through until combined.
- Scoop out cookie amounts (a large tablespoon amount) or and place on your baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until brown on the edges.
- Remove and allow to cool on the tray for 2 minutes.
- Remove and place on a cooling tray.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
Recipe by Roamingtaste