Happy Sunday! I hope its full of bright sunshine and relaxing vibes.
Today's interview comes about because of Instagram, for I would never have known who Dan Seidman was without it. I can't tell you how I found him, though it was likely on one of those prompts of 'you'll like images' and I've followed him from afar ever since with his photos speaking for themselves.
The Chef Dan's clean and modern recipes are beautiful to look at and after a while of loving his Insta photos, it seemed only too perfect to interview him for Five Questions, read on for three essentials to making a standout burger and a simple noodle recipe that Dan has gotten a lot of great feedback on.
1. What originally attracted you to cooking?
2. If someone feels cooking is way too difficult, what is one tip you would give them to give it a go?
By putting your own spin on a recipe, you can modify it in a way that keeps it simple and in your comfort zone.
3. You love a good burger, what are three essential ingredients to make one a hit?
First, ingredient is definitely the meat. I usually go for ground chuck when I make burgers. If you can get it freshly ground, even better. Stay away from lean beef. Part of what makes a burger so good is the fat in the meat.
Second, key ingredient is salt (and pepper). Don't be shy when seasoning your burger. Make sure each side gets a generous amount.
It's hard to pick only three, but I'd say the next essential ingredient would be cheese. Make sure you put it on right after the flip to make sure it gets nice and melty.
4. A lot of your food is comfort food (aforementioned burgers, pasta, donuts), what about comfort food do you personally love?
5. What is your favorite go to recipe when you are entertaining friends?