This recipe for rice pudding pancakes comes from the Danes and will equally satisfy rice pudding and pancake enthusiasts. A nice change from the standard stack of pancakes that will surprise you with it’s simplicity and how good it tastes.
1/2 cup pudding rice
1/2 cup water
2 1/3 cups milk
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup flour
- Place the rice and water in a pot and cook for 1 minute, add the milk and salt and stir through.
- Simmer on low-medium heat until the rice is cooked, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool fully.
- Place the rice pudding, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and flour in a bowl and combine until smooth.
- Melt half a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan on medium heat and place a tablespoonful of the batter and cook until bubbling, approximately 1 minute, flip and cook a further minute or until lightly golden on both sides.
- Continue cooking the remaining batter until complete.
- Serve with jam.
Adapted from Nordic Food Living