This No Churn Corn Ice Cream recipe uses fresh corn to create a corn caramel and folds it into a creamy egg and whipped cream base for a perfect soft serve iced dessert.
123 grams / 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen corn
90 milliliters / 1/3 cup + 2 teaspoons water
100 grams / ½ cup superfine/caster sugar
80 grams / 1/4 cup honey
2 eggs, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
304 grams / 1 1/4 cups - 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Place the corn and 2 tablespoons of the water into a blender and pulse until fine.
- Sieve the juice into a small saucepan, discarding the pulp.
- Toss in the superfine sugar, honey and remaining water and cook on low heat, simmering until thickened and it sticks to the back of your spoon, approximately 12 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the eggs, yolk, extract and sugar into a heatproof bowl over a double boiler on medium heat and whip until thickened and pale, approximately 12 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Spoon the corn caramel into the eggs and fold to combine until smooth.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks are just reached and then fold into the corn egg mixture mixture.
- Pour into a freezer proof dish and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove and allow to soften slightly.
- Scoop up and serve in bowls or ice cream cones.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 337 calories per serve
Keywords: sweetcorn recipe, creamy no churn ice cream