Treat yourself to the ultimate dessert experience with this mouthwatering Oreo Cheesecake Brownies recipe. These delectable treats combine rich, fudgy brownies with a creamy Oreo cheesecake layer, creating a heavenly fusion of flavors.
The creamy Oreo cheesecake mixture, swirled throughout the brownie batter, adds a tangy and velvety layer that perfectly balances the sweetness. Whether you're hosting a special celebration, family gathering, or simply craving a decadent treat, these Oreo Cheesecake Brownies will not disappoint.
Why you'll love this
Decadent Fudgy Perfection
This Oreo Cheesecake Brownies recipe offer a perfect combination of moist, fudgy brownie goodness and a luscious, creamy cheesecake layer. With each bite, you'll experience a dense texture that will leave you craving for more.
Simple and Easy to Make
Don't be intimidated by the impressive flavors of these brownies - they are surprisingly easy to whip up! This recipe provides step-by-step directions, making it accessible to bakers of all skill levels.
Irresistible Oreo Crunch
The addition of broken Oreo cookies takes these brownies to the next level of deliciousness. The subtle hint of chocolate and the satisfying crunch of the cookie crumbs perfectly complement the smoothness of the cheesecake layer, creating a delightful contrast of textures.
Whether you're hosting a dinner party, celebrating a special occasion, or simply treating yourself, these Oreo Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect choice. They are versatile enough to suit any event and are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
Ingredients and substitutions for Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- Butter: Butter helps create that silky texture we love about brownies whilst also helping them rise. You could sub with non dairy butter, though I have not tried this. It is not recommended to replace with oil in equal measure as it will likely make your brownies denser.
- Brown sugar: The brown sugar helps to make the brownies fudgy, however, you could substitute in equal measure with superfine or caster sugar which will result in a chewier final brownie. This also helps give your topping a caramelized flavor that wouldn’t be the same with superfine or caster sugar.
- Eggs: As well as adding structure to the brownies, the eggs bind everything together so are essential. You could substitute with vegan ingredients such as chia eggs or apple sauce, however, they have not been tested so might impact the final result.
- Plain flour: Plain flour or all purpose is best because it helps give the brownies their texture without making them cakey or firm like bread if you use cake or bread flour. You also don’t want to overwork the dough so you don’t make these too stiff so only mix until you can see no more dry portions in your bowl.
- Salt: Without salt the chocolate flavors will be dull so it is essential to adding dimension to the brownies. Sea salt is best, but rock or kosher salt also works well.
- Cocoa Powder: The star ingredient here so a nice high quality cocoa powder is best. It's not recommended substituting melted chocolate in equal measure here as this can be quite dense, however, chocolate chips or chunks would work well as an addition.
- Cream cheese: The core of our creamy cheesecake layer is room temperature cream cheese, this helps give us a light cheesecake that is easy to mix until smooth.
- Oreos: Plain Oreos complete this with 1 packet being used for the dish. Substitute with any of your favorite cream filled cookies here - make these your own!
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Oreo Cheesecake Brownies:
Preheat your oven to 160C/350F and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
Place the butter and sugar in a double boiler on medium heat until the butter is beginning to melt.
Whisk to combine and help the sugar and butter mix evenly, continue whisking to help dissolve the sugar for at least 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
Add in one egg and whisk until well combined, repeat with the remaining egg until the mixture is smooth.
Whisk in flour, salt and cocoa powder until the brownie batter is combined and smooth.
Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese on medium with an electric beat until smooth, approximately 1 minute.
Add in the sugar and beat until well combined.
Toss in the Oreo’s and stir to combine.
Pour ⅔’s of the brownie into your prepared tin.
Pour half the cheesecake over the top and spoon the remaining brownie batter and pour in the remaining cheesecake mixture.
Smooth out and swirl with a skewer.
Press the roughly broken Oreos onto the top and place in the oven to bake until no longer jiggly and slightly golden, approximately 45 minutes.
Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to the fridge for 30 minutes.
Slice up and serve.
Equipment needed to make this
Greaseproof paper: Lining your baking tin will make getting those brownies out a breeze.
Small saucepan: To melt your butter, you need a double boiler. Or a microwave, if you have one.
Sieve: Sifting the cocoa powder helps ensure your brownie batter is smooth without any lumps.
Whisk: It’s easiest to make your brownies with a large whisk to create a smooth batter.
Hand or stand mixer: To whip the cream cheese until it’s nice and smooth is easiest with an electric mixer, though you could do this by hand.
Mixing bowls: A medium mixing bowl is needed for the brownie batter and another for the cheesecake mixture.
Square tin: A 18×18 cm or 7×7 inch square baking tin works well here, though a rectangle tin would also work well.
FAQ's for the best Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
Can you use any type of Oreos for this recipe?
Absolutely! This recipe is versatile, allowing you to use any variety of Oreos you prefer. Whether it's classic Oreos, Double Stuffed, or even flavored options, the choice is yours! The cookie's flavor will add a unique twist to your Oreo Cheesecake Brownies.
Can Oreo Cheesecake Brownies be made ahead?
Absolutely! You can store Oreo Cheesecake Brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. This allows you to enjoy their deliciousness for a few days after baking.
Can I substitute cream cheese with another ingredient?
Cream cheese plays a crucial role in creating the creamy cheesecake swirl. While it's not recommended to substitute entirely, you can try using a different type of soft cheese, such as mascarpone or Neufchâtel cheese, to achieve a similar texture and flavor.
Can I freeze Oreo Cheesecake Brownies?
Absolutely! Oreo Cheesecake Brownies freeze well. Once they have cooled completely, wrap them tightly or place them in a freezer-safe container. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving or enjoy them slightly chilled.
More chocolate recipes you'll lovePrint
This Oreo Cheesecake Brownies recipe is plain brownie topped with oreo cheesecake swirled with broken Oreo's for a slice of indulgence in every bite.
200 grams / 7 ounces butter, cubed
220 grams / 1 cup light brown sugar
130 grams / 2 large eggs
106 grams / ⅔ cup plain flour
83 grams / ¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted
½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
250 grams / 8.8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
50 grams / ¼ cup superfine/caster sugar
100 grams / 3.5 ounces Oreo’s, roughly broken
Additional Oreos for topping, roughly broken
- Preheat your oven to 160C/350F and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a double boiler on medium heat until the butter is beginning to melt.
- Whisk to combine and help the sugar and butter mix evenly, continue whisking to help dissolve the sugar for at least 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Add in one egg and whisk until well combined, repeat with the remaining egg until the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in flour, salt and cocoa powder until the brownie batter is combined and smooth.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese on medium with an electric beat until smooth, approximately 1 minute.
- Add in the sugar and beat until well combined.
- Toss in the Oreo’s and stir to combine.
- Pour ⅔’s of the brownie into your prepared tin.
- Pour half the cheesecake over the top and spoon the remaining brownie batter and pour in the remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Smooth out and swirl with a skewer.
- Press the roughly broken Oreos onto the top and place in the oven to bake until no longer jiggly, approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Slice up and serve.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 283 calories per serve
Keywords: cheesecake, chocolate, oreos in baking, oreo cheesecake
Subscribe to receive a free weekly newsletter using seasonal produce as well as exclusive content!