Blueberry muffin cookies with an undertone of corn caramel flavor all topped with a streusal for a cookie take on the beloved recipe.
82 grams / 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
45 grams / 3 tablespoons water
100 grams / 1/2 cup superfine/caster sugar
Homemade blueberry jam
120 grams / 3/4 cup blueberries
30 grams / 2 tablespoons superfine/caster sugar
14 grams / 1 tablespoon lemon juice
5 grams / 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
130 grams / 4.58 ounces butter, room temperature
100 grams / 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
214 grams / 1 1/3 cups plain flour
40 grams / 1/4 cup polenta
4 grams / 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
120 grams / 3/4 cup dried blueberries
53 grams / 1/3 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
14 grams / 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- For the corn caramel, place the corn and 2 tablespoons of the water into a blender and blender until fine.
- Sieve the juice into a small saucepan, discarding the pulp.
- Toss in the superfine sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon of water and cook on low heat, simmering until thickened and it sticks to the back of your spoon, approximately 3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the blueberry jam, place the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and corn starch into a small saucepan on medium heat, cooking until thickened and a line is held in the center of your mixture, approximately 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the streusal, place the flour and ground cinnamon into a small bowl and stir together. Add in the softened butter and toss the butter in.
- Cut or press the butter into the flour until your mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- ?Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat on medium until pale and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and continue to beat until well combined, beating for a further minute.
- Pour the cooled corn caramel into the batter and combine until smooth
- Toss in the flour, polenta and baking powder and combine until no dry portions remain in your bowl.
- Add in the dried blueberries and stir until fully combined.
- Scoop up a portion of dough and place onto your baking tray with 1 ½ inches between each cookie.
- Press the center with a tablespoon to make a well and spoon a portion of the blueberry jam therein.
- Sprinkle over the streusel evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden at the edges.
- Allow to sit on your baking tray for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 283 calories per serve
Keywords: cookies, summer, fruit