This recipe for fluffy blueberry buttermilk pancakes comes together quick for a stack that will have satisfy those hunger cravings.
240 grams / 1 1/2 cups plain flour
4 grams / 1 teaspoon baking powder
5 grams / 1 teaspoon baking soda
100 grams / 1/2 cup superfine/caster sugar
303 grams / 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
110 grams / 2 large eggs, room temperature
166 grams / 1 cup blueberries
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, place the buttermilk and eggs and whisk until the eggs have broken and the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk slowly to form your thick batter.
- Toss in the blueberries and stir to combine.
- Set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a heavy based skillet or frying pan on medium low heat and toss in a teaspoon of butter, stirring it until melted.
- Take 1/2 a ladleful of your batter and gently pour into your skillet, allow to cook until bubbles have formed on the edges of the pancake and it holds it’s shape when you slide a spatula underneath, approximately 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook the remaining side until both sides are golden.
- Place onto a plate and continue cooking the remaining pancakes until your batter is empty.
- Plate up and serve with a heavy pouring of maple syrup.
- Dig in!
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Calories: 478 calories per serve
Keywords: breakfast, berry recipe, blueberry pancakes, pancakes