This simple Carrot Cake Loaf recipes makes for a fuss free snack cake that is perfect for an event or simply to have on hand at anytime.
Carrot Cake Loaf
160 grams / 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
50 grams / 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
114 grams / 1/2 cup sunflower oil
2 large eggs, room temperature
290 grams / 1 3/4 cups + 1 tablespoon plain flour
3 grams / 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 grams / 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
270 grams / 3 cups carrots, peeled and finely grated
33 grams / 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
40 grams / 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
55 grams / 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons confectioner/icing sugar
125 grams / 4.4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Carrot cake loaf
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F and lightly greaseproof a loaf tin.
- Place the sugars, oil and eggs and whisk until well combined, approximately 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl place the flour, baking soda, baking powder and ground spices and stir to combine.
- Toss the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold until your cake batter is formed and no dry portions remain on the edges of your bowl.
- Really fold here because the wet ingredients will sneakily puddle up in spots and the batter will be quite thick by the time you have finished incorporating.
- Add the grated carrot and roughly chopped walnuts and fold until well combined.
- Pour into your loaf tin and smooth out on top.
- Bake until golden and a skewer comes out clean, approximately 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Place the butter into a bowl and whip until pale, approximately 3 minutes.
- Toss in the sugar and whip until it's well combined and smooth, at least 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese and whip a further 30 seconds before adding in the vanilla extract and combine.
- Spoon on the top of your loaf and smear out over the entire loaf.
- Slice and serve.
- Dig in!
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Serving Size: 1 slice 1/2 inch thick
- Calories: 519 calories
Keywords: spring, carrot recipes, loaf cake, snack cake