Looking for a refreshing and flavorful salad that's perfect for summer? Our Corn Pesto Salad is just what you need! Bursting with the sweet, juicy flavors of fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, and fragrant basil pesto, this salad is the perfect side dish for any occasion. It's easy to make, requires only a handful of simple ingredients, and is sure to impress your guests.
Why you'll love this
The combination of fresh corn and homemade pesto creates a burst of flavor in every bite of this salad. It is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
This recipe is packed with the goodness of fresh vegetables and healthy oils, making it a nutritious meal. It is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a healthy and filling lunch or dinner option or as a side.
Easy to Make
The recipe is quick and easy to make, making it a perfect choice for busy weeknights. With simple instructions and minimal cooking time, you can have a delicious and healthy meal on the table in no time.
How to prepare Corn Pesto Salad
- Cook the bacon: Bake your bacon until crispy, set aside to on paper towels.
- Cook the corn: Cook the corn until slightly charred in the bacon fat.
- Plate it: Put the other salad ingredients onto your salad plate.
- Herby dressing: Put all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and combine.
- Finish the salad: Add the herbed dressing to the salad and stir all the ingredients together.
- Serve: Spoon onto your serving dish and dig in!
More fresh summer lunches you'll love
How to make Corn Pesto Salad:
Preheat your oven to 220C/430F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Lay the bacon down on the baking tray in a single layer.
Bake in the oven until golden and crispy, flipping as necessary, approximately 20 minutes.
Drain the oil from the tray into a heavy based frying pan and heat on medium high.
Toss in the corn and cook until lightly charred.
Serve onto your salad plate.
Place the scallions, tomatoes and avocado in your serving dish.
Roughly chop the bacon and to the salad.
Meanwhile, place the chopped herbs, olive oil, pesto and lime juice into a small dish and stir to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir through.
Corn Pesto Salad
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Sides
This Corn Pesto Salad recipe is the perfect summer salad that takes fresh summer produce with all it's sweet and crunchy flavors and serves it up as a great side salad to a barbecue.
200 grams / 6 rashers bacon
500 grams / 4 corn kernels removed from stalk
3 scallions, finely sliced
150 grams / 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes (1 vine section), quartered
1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
Handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon pesto
2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 220C/430F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Lay the bacon down on the baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven until golden and crispy, flipping as necessary, approximately 20 minutes.
- Drain the oil from the tray into a heavy based frying pan and heat on medium high.
- Toss in the corn and cook until lightly charred.
- Serve onto your salad plate.
- Place the scallions, tomatoes and avocado in your serving dish.
- Roughly chop the bacon and to the salad.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped herbs, olive oil, pesto and lime juice into a small dish and stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir through.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 283 calories per serve
Keywords: summer salad, corn salad
Leave a Reply