Get ready for the ultimate appetizer with this delicious Corn Queso Fundido recipe! Made with fresh corn, gooey cheese, and spicy jalapeños, this dish is perfect for any party or gathering. Easy to make and even easier to enjoy, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Why you'll love this
Creamy and Cheesy
This Mexican Corn Queso Fundido recipe is made with melted cheese and corn, which gives it a creamy and cheesy texture that is sure to satisfy your cravings.
Perfect for Sharing
This dish is an excellent choice for sharing with friends and family. The melted cheese and corn blend perfectly together, and the dish is usually served with tortilla chips, making it ideal for dipping and sharing.
Easy to Prepare
Corn Queso Fundido is a simple dish that is easy to prepare at home. With just a few ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can create a delicious appetizer that is sure to impress your guests.
How to prepare Corn Queso Fundido
- Blend half the corn and water: Blend until smooth.
- Sieve the corn: Sieve and discard the pulp, setting the pureed corn aside.
- Cook the remaining corn: Place the remaining corn, onion and pepper into a skillet and cook until lightly browned.
- Minced garlic: Add the minced garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Pureed corn and grated cheese: Stir the pureed corn through before adding the grated cheese and stirring through, cover and cook until the cheese is melty and bubbling.
- Garnish: Sprinkle over chopped cilantro and cilantro.
- Serve: Serve alongside corn chips and dig in!
More corn recipes you'll enjoy
How to make Corn Queso Fundido:
Place ½ the corn and all the water in a blender and blend until smooth.
Press through a fine sieve, disposing of the pulp.
Set the pureed corn aside.
Place olive oil in a skillet on low to medium heat and add in the remaining corn, onion and pepper.
Cook, stirring every 2 or 3 minutes until very lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
Add in the minced garlic, stir through and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add in the pureed corn and stir through to combine.
Stir the grated cheese through the vegetables and lower the heat until low and cover with a lid, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Garnish with the cilantro and jalapeno.
Serve with the corn chips.
Corn Queso Fundido
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Starters
- Cuisine: Mexican Food
- Diet: Gluten Free
Corn Queso Fundido has a sprinkling of vegetables and cheesy creamy corn making this dip surprisingly addictive.
480 grams / 4 corn cobs / 3 cups corn kernals
250 milliliters / ½ cup water
1 poblano (in doubt, use romano) pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
250 grams / 3 cups montery jack or chedder cheese, grated
Chopped cilantro and sliced, seeded jalapeno to garnish
- Place ½ the corn and all the water in a blender and blend until smooth. Press through a fine sieve, disposing of the pulp.
- Set the pureed corn aside.
- Place olive oil in a skillet on low to medium heat and add in the remaining corn, onion and pepper.
- Cook, stirring every 2 or 3 minutes until very lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic, stir through and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add in the pureed corn and stir through to combine.
- Toss in the grated cheese, stir and decrease the heat to low.
- Cover with a lid, until the cheese is melted and bubbling, approximately 4 minutes.
- Garnish with the cilantro and jalapeno.
- Serve with the corn chips.
Adapted from Food & Wine
- Calories: 227 calories per serve (without corn chips)
Keywords: starter, side, corn dip recipe, mexican dip recipe
Leave a Reply