1/3 cup water
4 tablespoons superfine/caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 passionfruit pulp
60 grams butter, room temperature
2/3 cup superfine/caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup polenta
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 plums, sliced into 1/8 slices and pit removed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and greaseproof your cake tin.
- Place the water, sugar and clove into a saucepan on medium heat, until the sugar has dissolved, allowing to simmer for approximately 3 minutes. Remove the clove and add the passionfruit pulp and allow to simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour into your cake tin and smooth out evenly and lay the sliced plums down into the syrup around the baking tin. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whip until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the salt and Greek yogurt and fold until well combined and smooth.
- Add the almond flour, polenta, plain flour, baking soda and baking powder and fold through until the batter is smooth.
- Pour on top of the plums and spread out evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown on top and a skewer comes out clean in the center.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before flipping over onto a plate.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve with a little whipped cream or Greek yogurt if you wish.
Recipe by Roamingtaste