This sweet and zesty Brazilian Limeade recipe from Brazilian shores blends whole limes with a few other ingredients and is ready to be served in 5 minutes. Great as is or with a dash of tequila to make an easy cocktail.
2 whole large limes or 3 small limes, washed and ends removed
70 grams / 1/3 cup superfine/caster sugar
3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
750 milliliters / 3 cups water
1 cup ice + ice to serve
- Slice the limes into quarters and place in a blender along with the sugar, sweetened condensed milk, water and 1 cup of ice.
- Blend until fine, approximately 1 minute.
- Pour through a fine sieve to remove the pulp.
- Pour into serving glasses, adding additional ice.
- Serve immediately.
Clean limes: Because the limes are blended whole, they need to be really clean and ideally organic.
Cocktail: Adding a shot of tequila or gin to each serving glass would work really well here.
Adapted from Allrecipes
- Calories: 124 calories per serve
Keywords: non alcoholic drink, brazilian recipe