No bake pistachio custard bars with an easy crushed biscuit base and topped with a thin chocolate layer making pistachios the star feature of these bars.
150 grams / 1/12 cups graham crackers, crushed
50 grams / 1/4 cup superfine/caster sugar
37 grams / 1/3 cup cocoa powder
75 grams / 2.65 ounces butter, melted
135 grams pistachio paste
70 grams / 2.5 ounces butter, softened
170 grams / 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s/icing sugar
25 grams / 3 tablespoons custard powder
72 grams / 5 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
150 grams / 5.3 ounces dark chocolate, melted
15 grams / 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper, folding the edges down (or holding down with clips) and smoothly and set aside.
- To make the base, place the cocoa powder, sugar and crushed graham crackers into the bowl and stir together to combine.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the melted butter and combine until no dry patches remain in the edges of the bowl and the mixture holds together.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and press down firmly into the tin nice and evenly. Set aside.
- For the filling, place the butter and pistachio paste into a bowl and beat on low until smooth and combined.
- Add in the custard powder, sugar, heavy cream, extract and salt and combine until smooth.
- Spoon on top of the base and smooth out nice and evenly with an offset spatula. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir the melted chocolate and butter together until smooth and pour over the custard filling and tap the base of the baking tin to spread out the melty chocolate nice and evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for several hours or overnight.
- Remove and slice into even slices with a hot knife.
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 246 calories per serve