Experience the perfect blend of crispy and savory with our delicious Zucchini Fritters recipe that's perfect for any occasion. Made with fresh and healthy zucchini, parmesan, and a crispy outer layer, these fritters are a perfect vegetarian snack or appetizer. Impress your guests with this easy-to-make and flavorful recipe that's sure to satisfy your cravings
These fritters are also incredibly versatile and in New Zealand zucchini fritters can be found to be served stacked up and topped with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce for a nice twist on the classic brunch benedict.
Though, these would also be great served alongside a summer dinner with a bunch of dishes because of how light they are and how easily they accompany any kind of fish or meat or even salads.
Why you'll love these
Crispy and flavorful
My Zucchini Fritters recipe is made with grated zucchini, flour, and seasoning, creating crispy and flavorful fritters that are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Easy to customize
This recipe is versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can add your favorite herbs and spices, like garlic, cumin, or paprika, to give the fritters even more flavor. Plus, you can swap out the flour for gluten-free or whole wheat flour to make this dish suit your dietary needs.
Healthy and satisfying
Made with fresh zucchini, my recipe is loaded with nutrients like vitamins and minerals, and is a great way to sneak in some veggies into your diet. Plus, these fritters are filling and satisfying, making them a great option for a healthy and delicious meal.
How to prepare Zucchini Fritters
- Wring it out: Place the grated zucchini in a clean cloth and wring out the excess moisture.
- Combine: Place the zucchini and all other ingredients into your bowl and stir together to form the batter.
- Heat: Heat a little oil in a heavy based frying pan and ladle in one spoonful of batter, smoothing out.
- Golden brown: Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Repeat: Continue cooking until all the batter is done.
- Plate up: Place on a plate and serve immediately.
- Serve: Dig in and enjoy!
Tips for the best Zucchini Fritters
Serving these: There are many ways to perfectly serve your fritters, the images include a quick salsa for some acidity that pairs perfectly (see recipe below in notes), but you could absolutely serve topped with poached eggs, a creamy tzatziki or herby yogurt sauce or alongside a feast of barbecue goods.
Quick salsa: Take 1 cup of cherry tomatoes and roughly chop into quarters, toss in 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Serve!
More summer dishes you'll love
Domatokeftethes - Greek Tomato Fritters
How to make Zucchini Fritters:
Place the grated zucchini in muslin cloth or clean tea towel and wring the excess water out.
Place the zucchini in a bowl, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley and whisk together until combined.
Heat a little olive oil in a heavy frying pan on medium high heat and place a ladleful of the batter into the frying pan and cook until the edges begin to go a deep golden color.
Flip and cook until both sides are golden, approximately 1 ½ - 2 minutes each side.
Continue with the remaining zucchini fritters until the batter is fully cooked.
Place on a plate and serve whilst hot with a great salsa (or see notes for other suggestions).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 fritters 1x
- Category: Sides
Easy zucchini fritters made with minimal ingredients come together quickly for a great side or even as a perfect bed for some poached eggs!
2 zucchini, grated
2 eggs, lightly beaten
40 grams / ¼ cup plain flour
1 gram / ¼ teaspoon baking powder
30 grams / ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
11 grams / 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the grated zucchini in muslin cloth or clean tea towel and wring the excess water out.
- Place the zucchini in a bowl, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley and whisk together until combined.
- Heat a little olive oil in a heavy frying pan on medium high heat and place a ladleful of the batter into the frying pan and cook until the edges begin to go a deep golden color.
- Flip and cook until both sides are golden, approximately 1 ½ - 2 minutes each side.
- Continue with the remaining zucchini fritters until the batter is fully cooked.
- Place on a plate and serve whilst hot with a great salsa (or see notes for other suggestions).
Recipe by Roamingtaste
- Calories: 37 calories per fritter
Keywords: side, starter, vegetarian side, summer produce
Leave a Reply